Policy on Data Confidentiality, Availability and Integrity
- We/us/our shall mean Snode Technologies (Pty) Ltd, its subsidiaries, affiliates, sister – companies, parent, related entities and/or divisions.
- We take your privacy seriously and keeping your personal information secure is one of our most important responsibilities. We comply with all legal obligations imposed on us to safeguard your personal information. Please read this policy carefully as it is designed to inform you about how we intend to use and process your personal information.
- There is no obligation on you to provide us with your personal information however, the decision not to provide us with your personal information may limit the products and services we are able to offer you.
- You may from time to time be required to share your personal information with us when you make use of our products and services. You consent to us sharing your personal information across our products and services in order to provide you with our products and services in an efficient manner.
The personal information we require from you may include, but is not
limited to, details such as your business name, company/trust
registration number, directors identity numbers, customer number,
email and/or physical address, telephone, number, banking details,
employee details and other information specific to the services
The above information will be retained and used by us as described in this policy.
- Log Data - When you use our products and services, we collect data through your devices used to access our products and services (“Log Data”). Log Data may include, but is not limited to, information such as your device Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, device name, operating system version, the configuration of the app when utilizing our products and services, the time and date of your use of the products and services, and other statistical data.
We make use of third-party service providers and partners for
various reasons, some of which includes:
- To facilitate or enhance our products and services;
- To provide the products and services on our behalf;
- To assist us in analyzing how our products and services are used.
- We will only conduct business with companies who comply with applicable data protection laws.
- Children’s Personal Information – Our products and services are not applicable to anyone under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personally information from children under the age of 18. In cases where we discover that a child under the age of 18 has provided us with personal information, we will immediately delete the child’s personal information from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and are aware that your child has provided to us their personal information, please notify us in order that we may delete the child’s personal information.
- We will never ask you to access our products and services and/or to update your account settings, personal information, pins or passwords via a link in an email or SMS.
We will not collect or use your personal information without your
consent and will only disclose your personal information in the
- Where you have provided consent to the said disclosure; and
- Where we are required to disclose your personal information under law and/or by a competent court, tribunal or regulatory body.
- By using our products and services and accepting our terms and conditions you consent to us using your personal information for marketing purposes. We will make available to you an “opt-out” option. If you do not “opt- out” of our marketing activities, it means that you have given us your consent to use your personal information for marketing purposes.
- We may, with your consent, process and/or share your personal information in other countries and to carry out your instructions, when you use our products and services. Please note that the countries in which your personal information is shared and/or processed may not have the same level of protection as we provide to you. We will only conduct business with companies who comply with applicable data protection laws.
- We take all reasonably acceptable methods to protect your personal information. Our security systems are designed to prevent loss, unauthorised destruction, damage and/or access to your personal information from unauthorised third parties. should there be any breach in our systems, we shall inform you immediately of such breach.
- If you believe that the personal information held by us is incorrect or incomplete, you may notify us of any amendments which need to be made. We may require proof of the personal information in order to correct the personal information held by us.
- This policy is governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa, and you consent to the jurisdiction of the South African courts in respect of any dispute which may arise out of or in connection with the formation, interpretation, substance and/or application of this policy.
- We reserve the right to amend this policy at any time. All updated versions shall be posted on our website.
Should you have any questions and/or concerns regarding this policy
please feel free to contact us on the below details:
T: +27 12 880 0989